Burst Move – Chair Dip
What is the number one requested area of the body most women want to improve?
Stomach? Legs? Shoulders? If you guessed the upper arm-you’d be correct!
A recent study performed by the University of Wisconsin/La Crosse set out to find the best exercises to help tone and strengthen the back of the arms (the triceps). This week I’d like to show you one of the best “Burst” exercises tone and strengthen this area anytime, anywhere! This simple “Burst” move is one of the most effective exercises to strengthen and tone the back of your arms, chest and shoulders. The best part of this move is you can perform it at work—in your office, manufacturing area, break-room—or even at home.
- All you’ll need is a sturdy chair or bench, and you are on your way!
2. Sit upright on the end of the chair or bench with your knees bent at 90 degrees and feet hip-width apart and feet placed securely on the floor.
Also, grasp the end of the chair with palms down and knuckles facing outward. Your hands should be near your thighs, closer than shoulder width apart.
3. Transfer your body weight off the chair by walking your feet out slowly and supporting your weight with your arms extended, maintaining a slight bend in your elbows.
4. Slowly and under control, bend your elbows and allow your body to move down towards the floor—go as far as you comfortably can—elbows to be no more than a 90-degree angle.
5. Straighten your arms, pressing from the heel of both hands, raise your body back to step 1 and repeat 8-12 times or as many as you can safely complete.
Remember to take a B.O.W. (Burst Of the Week) as often as you can throughout your day, Finish Strong and Win Today!
BURST ON! my friend! BURST ON!
Coach Sean Foy