Chili Lime Chicken Salad
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- zest of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup cilantro roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Creamy Avocado Dressing
- Clean the chicken by removing fat, slice the chicken breasts in half lengthwise to make them thinner and easier to cook.
- In a bowl combine the lime juice, lime zest, olive oil, cilantro, minced garlic, honey, salt, and chili powder. Stir to mix.
- Add the chicken to the bowl and coat in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to overnight.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade. Place in heated pan and allow to cook about 5-7 minutes on each side or until chicken is fully cooked through. Leave in the pan extra time to blacken if desired.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the pan and set on cutting board to let rest for a couple of minutes before slicing.
- Assemble the salad, layer the lettuce, chicken, tomato, avocado, and drizzle with the Creamy Avocado Dressing . Or any dressing of your choice.
- Serve and enjoy!
Total Time includes the time that the chicken needs to marinate.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.