GFGF Introduces “Just Add A Vegetable” Campaign
Get Fit Great Falls invites residents to participate in this year’s “Just Add A Vegetable” campaign. The campaign goal will be to encourage the Great Falls community to increase their vegetable intake by marrying their favorite foods with a variety of veggies. Our “Just Add A Vegetable” events will be held at a variety of grocery stores throughout the Cascade County area. While strolling through the produce section of the market, shoppers will have an opportunity to:
· Win a basket of fresh produce.
· Learn how to combine vegetables with the foods that they already love.
· And, finally, chat with a nutrition expert.
Although most people already know they should be including more vegetables in their diet, our nutrition expert can help shoppers explore strategies to some of the common challenges that seem to prevent consumers from committing to the recommended 3-5 daily vegetable servings. Our experts will address such issues as:
· How to shop wisely for vegetables to minimize food costs.
· How to meal plan to minimize spoiled produce, and, thus, food waste.
· How to combine vegetables with your favorite foods to improve the taste appeal of vegetables.
· How to introduce vegetables to family members who make grumpy faces when they see green things on the plate!
A “Just Add a Vegetable” event will be planned for the first week of the month during the next year at stores throughout Great Falls area. Our first two events are scheduled for:
· 2J’s Fresh Market on Nov 6 from 11am – 4pm.
· Super 1 on Dec 4 from 11am – 4pm.
Be sure to check back at getfitgreatfalls.com for more information and upcoming dates.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.